Today I am going to give you some ideas on how to use your protein powder instead of using only water and protein powder. Definitely not fun!
I use my protein powder in various ways and half the time you can’t even taste it or when you can, it tastes great.
There are so many variations to protein shakes, but my Go To is as follows:
My Go To Shake
The main way I drink protein powder is via a shake! It is the most common way to consume protein powder especially after you work out.
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup of your choice of dairy-free milk (mine is usually almond unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp of protein powder (mine is vanilla flavor)
- 1 tbsp of Chia seeds for extra nutrients
- And 2 tbsp of your choice of berries (blueberries/strawberries/mixed berries)
Add all these ingredients in a blender and Bon Appetit!
My Go To Breakfast
I am so glad I found this recipe, it just makes eating ordinary oats so much more delicious, it adds a nice flavor and sweetness to it, that way it doesn’t make you want to put sugar or honey on top.
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 banana (chopped)
- 2 tbsp protein powder (your desired flavor, mine is vanilla)
- 1-2 tbsp of LSA mix (linseed and sunflower mix, adds a nice texture and has plant-based raw protein and fiber)
- 1/2 cup of your choice of dairy-free milk (I use soy milk for my breakfast)
- Add your choice of berries (I use whatever I have at the time)
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top!
My Go To Pancake Mix
So my boyfriend made this recipe up! Go him, they are amazing and so simple to make, plus you’re getting in your protein!
- 1 cup of Flour (spelt/wholemeal/almond flour are easier to digest than regular flour)
- 1/4 cup of protein powder (vanilla might be best if you don’t want it changing your pancake flavor too much)
- 2 tbsp of rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1 cup of water
- A bunch of berries
- Mix in the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the maple or rice malt syrup. Mix together.
- Add water slowly to the mix, stirring as you go.
- Add a bunch of berries to your liking to the mix.
- Pour on to a hot pan and flip once bubbles start showing.
Serves 2 people.
My Go To Treat
I love this recipe, it is super easy and just great for a healthy dessert-like snack. It can crave that sweet tooth anytime!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp of protein powder (your choice of flavor)
- A Handful of Berries (I chose blueberries)
- Mix these ingredients together in a blender.
- To top it off, I put some cut up nuts and shredded coconut!
My Go To Healthy Snack
This is a little recipe I like to call The Backwards Breakfast! It is really the first recipe mentioned in this article but backward! So you use the toppings as your mains and the main ingredient as the toppings.
The ingredients/method is as follows:
- Add 1-2 chopped banana’s
- Add a handful of berries
- Add 1 tbsp of protein powder
- Add 1 tbsp of LSA (linseed, sunflower, and almond meal)
- Add a handful of muesli or granola to sprinkle over
- Pour in a bit of plant-based milk
- Top it off with coconut sprinkles!
Mix it all up and enjoy!
It is a delicious and nutritious snack I eat any time of the day! Enjoy the video below where I show you how to make it.
My Go To Protein Balls
These are a new thing I have been trying and loving! Buying Protein Balls by themselves is just too expensive, and when you can make so many of them this easy, who would!
- 1 ½ cup of cashews (you can use other types of nuts)
- 1 cup of dates
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1 tbsp of your choice of protein powder
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- Blend ingredients together in a blender.
- Scrape mixture into a bowl and add a little bit of water to make them sticky.
- Use your hands to roll them into small balls.
- Put them in the fridge to set.
- And Enjoy!
So with all of these recipes, you can understand the versatile use of protein powder.
Of course, you can switch and mix up a few of the ingredients to suit your taste buds, but overall it is great for anyone!
Thanks again for reading and please feel free to comment below if you have any questions or some more ideas about how to use protein powder! 😀
THE EARTH CO.